How do I turn off the print notification window that opens up when documents print?This small window is attached to the system tray and requires an extra mouse click to close it. This happens with HP laser printer drivers on PC with Windows XP Professional.
1. Click the Start button on the Windows taskbar.
2. Click "Printers and Faxes." (Or "Settings" and then "Printers and Faxes.")
3. Click the File menu in the Printer and Faxes window that appeared.
4. Click "Server Properties."
5. Click the Advanced tab in the Print Server Properties window that appeared.
6. Uncheck "Show informational notifications for local printers."
This will disable notification messages for printers directly
connected to the computer.
7. Uncheck "Show informational notifications for network printers."
This will disable notification messages for printers that are shared
on the network.
8. Uncheck "Notify when remote documents are printed."
9. Click "OK" in the Print Server Properties window.
10. Close the Printers and Faxes Window